DHI Hair Transplantation
DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) was developed to shorten the duration between collecting and implanting the grafts, site creation, and graft implantation are performed simultaneously.
DHI is performed using CHOI pens which are single-use for each patient.
Steps of DHI
Hair grafts are collected one by one, then collected examined under the microscope and are grouped according to how many follicles they have,
Hair grafts are placed and planted using Choi Implanter Pen, thanks to it both opening canals and implanting grafts are performed in a single step.
Advantages of the DHI hair transplant
In The Clinic, the DHI technique is performed only by certified doctors and not by trichologists or nurses
- Possibility of an unshaved hair transplant
- No incisions are made, hair is transplanted directly with the CHOI pens
- No waiting time between canals opening and grafts implanting
- The treatment is fast and almost painless
- No cuts, no sutures, no scalpels, no stitches no bleeding, and no scars
- The survival rate of the grafts is up to 95%
Disadvantages of DHI
- No more than 3000 grafts can be transplanted in one single session
- Higher cost compared to the FUE technique
- The operation takes more time
- If not performed by a DHI expert, using Choi pen may damage the existing hair follicles
DHI Vs Sapphire FUE
Many hair transplantation centers are promoting the DHI technique as the most modern and effective technique, however, each one of the two techniques has its own specificities, saying that one is superior to the other is not fair.
During the consultation, your doctor will choose which technique is more suitable for you, based on your hair condition, and the number of grafts needed.
The main difference between DHI and FUE Sapphire is that canal opening and implantation are done at the same time, the recovery period is faster.
If you’re looking for maximum grafts and if your donor area is suitable then using FUE Sapphire is the best choice for you.