Liposuction surgery is one of the safest and most popular aesthetic surgery. it aims to eliminate the excess fats accumulated in different parts of your body (buttocks, hips, love handles, thighs, back, arms …)
liposuction can be combined with other procedures to sculpt your body and give you the shape you want.
Am I a good candidate for Liposuction?
If you have fat deposits that won’t disappear despite diet and exercising then you are most likely a good candidate for liposuction.
How is a liposuction procedure performed?
Your surgeon will suction the fat deposits after inserting thin tubes (canulla) under the skin through small incisions.
We use a variety of liposuction technologies, your surgeon will discuss and decide which one to use during your consultation.
1-Traditional liposuction :
In traditional liposuction, we inject a solution that hydrates the fat cells and we suction them using Canulla tubes.
2-VASER (Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction)
It is better than the traditional liposuction technique, it allows more volume of fat to be removed,
using ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat cells then suction them, it is best for dense fat and male patients
3-Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL)
It works like ultrasound-assisted liposuction but using the medical laser to liquefy and suck the fat cells, it makes fat removal more efficient and less traumatic.
Will I have scars after Liposuction?
Generally, the incisions are very small, the scars after liposuction depend on the surgeon’s technique and your genetic tendencies.
Scars are most likely to fade gradually after liposuction.
Recovery after Liposuction
- When you wake up from the anesthesia, you will experience discomfort and pain, our medical team will help you get through this.
- We may insert a drainage tube to drain fluid, and we will provide you with a tight corset to keep your skin compressed for 4-6 weeks after the operation.
- You should start walking as soon as you can after liposuction to prevent swelling and blood clots
- The first 2 days you may experience swelling and bruising, it will disappear within 2 weeks.
- You should rest quietly for the first few days and follow your medical prescription.
- Don’t drink alcohol while you are still under your medical prescription and avoid smoking to prevent coughing and bleeding.
- You can return to work within a few days after the liposuction, however, you should avoid bending, lifting, and physical activities for 10 days.
Are the results permanent?
Technically, the results of liposuction are permanent because the fat cells are removed however, many think that after undergoing a liposuction procedure, they can eat whatever they want and won’t gain weight, the fact is your surgeon will not remove all the fat cells, so you still can get weight from the remaining fat cells.
It is very important to keep your weight stable by eating healthy food and exercising to have long-lasting results after liposuction.